for more articles
Home Business Start up--Relocation Consultant
|Copyright 2009 Shawn Price
The Relocation Consultant Home Business
• Start-up Investment: $300-$700 (advertising costs)
• Break-even time Two weeks to one year
• Estimate of Annual Revenue and Profit: $15,000-$25,000 Part time $40,000-$50,000 Full Time
Who needs a Relocation Consultant?
• a single parent who has a demanding job with working hours that directly conflict with apartment or home rental research, would find the services useful.
• Workers who have been replaced or who are going to be relocated.
• People who are returning to work from an extended stay away, due to an injury or illness.
• Companies who are expanding or relocating.
• Companies who have traveling employees.
• People living in heavily populated cities.
What does a Relocation Consultant do?
A Relocation Consultant's duties consists of locating neighborhoods, apartment and home dwellings, childcare services, religious organizations and selecting a moving company for individuals, families, and employees for relocating businesses.
More specifically, as companies continue to downsize and or relocate, there's a growing need for the services provided by a Relocation Consultant.
Often, companies contract with Relocation Consultants so that the consultant's services are readily accessible in the event that an employee or numerous employees are relocated.
The Relocation Consultant will match an employer or an employees’, living requirements and requests as closely as possible.
Additionally, a Relocation Consultant's services are solicited for individual's who are relocating for reasons other than employment.
Many individual's seek the services of a Relocation Consultant due to time restrictions which prevent them from locating desired living arrangements.
Getting started in the Relocation Consultant Business
• Advertising your Business
Run Classified ads and 1-2 inch ads in newspapers and magazines in both the Metro areas as well as suburban areas. Good examples are Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, New York....
Internet Classifieds work well also.
Consider leaving brochures at various Hotels and Motels.
• Tips for running a Successful Relocation Business
One of the keys to success in this business is your ability to network with others around the country.
Successful Networking will provide you with the ability to thoroughly examine an area prior to running advertisements.
So...it's important to develop business relations the country. Of course, the internet and email provide the perfect vehicle for this type of relationship building.
Understand that your learning curve NEVER ENDS. You will need to regularly develop your business skills. Don't be fooled into thinking that "a good product sells itself.”
"Consumers buy you" is what I used to teach to my telemarketers.
I've listed on my site, a few Home Business Courses to get you off to a good start.
Don't stop there. Continue to research and develop skill.
For example, I dedicate at least 5 hours weekly toward increasing my personal business building techniques.
• Visit the Relocation Council.
This Organization has been in operation for a number of years. They have a Newsletter and other training materials to help you to develop your skills.
On their site, you'll notice that there is an option to become Certified. In the event that you decide that you want to expand your part time business into a full time career, having employees...you can prepare for your certification with the Relocation Council also.
erc.org 1-202 - 857- 0857
Note: When you are ready to begin larger ad campaigns, visit, Standard Rate and Data srds.com SRDS has a database of media rates for at least 100,000 publications.
The Relocation Consultant Work At Home Business is a very inexpensive Business to start. It's fairly straight forward and it has the potential to create a full time income while working part time. This one is Really worth considering.
• If you decide that this is the Work from Home business opportunity for you, continue reading our Ezine for continued Home Business Start-Up's since there will be ideas and information in each issue that you can tweak a little to benefit you within your Business of Choice.
To eliminate some trial and error, in our Ezine, also provide you with ongoing Small Business support…deals on business tools, marketing research information, and more.
• You will need to create a Business Plan if you are serious about creating a profitable Home Based Business.
I found a good Business Plan workbook that you will find quite useful. Writing Business Plans can be frustrating… I won’t lie. Thus Using a workbook and/or software is by far the popular choice for those who don’t want to pay $700-$1,500 to have one professionally prepared.
• Ensure that you take your business to the internet. I’ve evaluated a few web hosting Companies and I’ve listed their advantages as well as their disadvantages. You’ll also find discount computer hardware locations.
You may find that marketing your business using RSS is an unthinkable opportunity to overlook. You’re right. I’ve listed free RSS readers and software that you can use To get your feeds up and going WITHOUT the need of studying all the techie stuff. Just visit our Resource Page.
If you have not read AND STUDIED, the World's Famous, "Think And Grow Rich", you can receive it Free:
This is a must read. Creating a proper mind-set is critical. In addition to your studying your business, you will need to develop a mind for business.
Wealth is NOT about Money. Download it And see for yourself.
Bridging the GAP between Opportunity and Success,
About the author:
Shawn Price, Author of OwnABizToday's Ezine, due to her son's severe medical needs was forced to leave the job market and enter into the world of self employment.
Experience has taught Shawn that one can NEVER predict future circumstances and thus one should if at all possible , become financially independent.
In an effort to lead people toward self employment, Shawn and her partners, regularly evaluate home business start up's as well as small business resources and tools.
Bridging the GAP between Opportunity and Success
Circulated by Article Emporium